[Marxism] From Exile to Dirtbag: Edgelord geopolitics and the rise of “National Bolshevism” in the U.S.

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jan 23 12:59:05 MST 2019

On 1/23/19 2:43 PM, A.R. G wrote:

> I'm disagreeing that the blame lies on leftists for his publishing
> decisions, as though they have control over what he says or does, and
> separately disagreeing that it is an important matter because Unz
> himself (like LaRouche) is unimportant.

Amith, I am getting frustrated with trying to get my point across. I am
not "blaming leftists" for what Unz publishes. I am telling leftists to
take their name down as columnists. They can't do much about him
aggregating their work but they are within their rights to demand that
their names being taken down as columnists. I wrote to every leftist
columnist whose email address I could track down asking them why they
allow their names to be so listed.

Michael Hudson wrote back saying he'd think about it. He's still there.
Tom Engelhardt never responded even after 3 queries. C.J. Hopkins never
responded but got into a tiff with Jeff St. Clair and Joshua Frank after
he was mentioned by Tony DiMaggio as a Putin apologist. This led to him
getting the boot. It was only Finkelstein who insisted on his right to
be listed there, telling me that it was no worse than having your byline
in the NY Times. That he can't tell the difference between a scary,
Hitlerite website and the NY Times tells me that he has lost it.

Here's what I have written about UNZ Review in the past:

https://louisproyect.org/2017/09/23/the-one-degree-of-separation-between-valerie-plame-and-white-supremacy/

https://louisproyect.org/2018/09/04/meet-the-leftwing-columnists-writing-for-a-neo-nazi-website/