[Marxism] Where are the protesters? « LRB blog

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jan 26 07:25:44 MST 2019

In a world where the 26 richest people own as much as the poorest 50 per
cent, you might have expected to see massive protests outside the
Kongresszentrum in Davos this week. Over the past ten years, however,
the once thriving mobilisation against the World Economic Forum has lost
steam. ‘We’ve witnessed a slump,’ Mélinda Tschanz told me. She belongs
to the Swiss chapter of ATTAC, an ‘alter-globalisation’ organisation
founded in 1998. ‘“What happened?” is a question we’ve been asking
ourselves a lot lately.’

https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2019/01/26/isabelle-mayault/where-are-the-protesters/