[Marxism] Why Professors Are Writing Crap That Nobody Reads | Intellectual Takeout

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jan 28 17:50:55 MST 2019

On 1/28/19 6:50 PM, A.R. G wrote:
> An interesting article, but note that this is apparently the mouthpiece
> of some kind of right-wing organization called the "Charlemagne Institute".
>
> Amith R. Gupta

Yeah, I wondered about the fixation on articles that sounded like those
written as Alan Sokal hoax #2. My interest was more in the few number of
readers articles in peer-reviewed journals get. Years ago I went nuts
after James O'Connor nixed an article for CNS that he originally asked
me to write. When I talked to a friend at Columbia who taught sociology,
he laughed and said that it was a waste of time since nobody read JSTOR
type journals. He even gave me the same average number of 10.

I also see someone I'm close to working hard to get articles published
in "A Journals". It is like Kafka's "The Castle". Fortunately, she has
tenure.