[Marxism] The Reality Check: THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF THE ARNAUTOFF MURAL

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:31:02 MDT 2019

It is so horribly sad that the education system has so failed our students
that a simplistic response to this mural leads kids to want to expunge it
because it "glorifies" slavery --- rather than to see it for what it was,
an attack on slavery by showing that it EXISTED -- I imagine none of the
students who argued for expunging the mural will read the David Bacon piece
--- which is also a shame ...

It's like those who want to ban Huckleberry Finn because it shows racists
using the N-word rather than embracing the novel for its clearly
anti-racist, anti-slavery message ---