[Marxism] System Capture 2020: The Role of the Upper-Class in Shaping Democratic Primary Politics

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 19 06:22:04 MDT 2019

Finding surveys with a large enough sample of upper-class Americans to
generalize from has historically been a great challenge for pollsters.
To my knowledge, there has not yet been a single national study
examining the role of upper-class affluence in impacting the political
preferences of the wealthy. So my findings here represent a first effort
to address the role of upper-class elitism on attitude formation. Sadly,
they suggest that little is likely to change in the future in terms of
prospects for a “Green New Deal” or the introduction of a progressive
governing regime, so long as wealthy individuals continue to dominate
American politics.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/07/19/system-capture-2020-the-role-of-the-upper-class-in-shaping-democratic-primary-politics/