[Marxism] [UCE] Why I’m Pro-Detente with Russia - RAI with Stephen Cohen (5/5)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon May 6 07:59:50 MDT 2019

On 5/6/19 9:37 AM, Andrew Stewart via Marxism wrote:
> https://youtu.be/jj1pTdgCPhY

I wonder if Cohen has somehow lost his regular gig as John Batchelor's
regular guest on WABC radio. For 5 years at least, Cohen has used this
ultraright radio show as a place to promulgate the same talking points
he makes on Paul Jay's TV show. Imagine that, an NYU professor emeritus
who used to teach at Princeton and is the author of a great bio of
Bukharin now reduced to being interviewed at a radio show that has guest
hosts like Sebastian Gorka and Stephen Moore. Ever since Cohen became
emeritus, he has not written a single article. All the crap he is
credited with on The Nation is just transcriptions from Batchelor's
radio show. That pro-Putin stuff can really rot your brain out.

Jay's Real News network has good stuff on current events as long as it
lays off Syria and Ukraine. It is the new home of Grayzone, which gives
you an idea of where it is coming from.

Later today, I will be blogging about "Is Tucker Carlson becoming
woke?", prompted by the chummy interview he did with a Grayzone reporter
about Venezuela.