[Marxism] The Guardian's trial offer

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Wed May 8 12:39:04 MDT 2019

I bought the Guardian at my local pharmacy.  On the back they advertised a trial subscription, $6.00 for 6 issues.
I thought I’d try it.  I was surprised when they did not contact me after 6 issues to see if I wanted to continue.
And I was annoyed to see money coming out of my credit card account.

Looking back at their communication to me at the beginning of the subscription, I see that they had explicitly told me that I had signed up for a subscription past the 6 issues.
I admit that I just glanced at the message when I got it.

I got no satisfaction on their website, but I had no trouble reaching them by way of a toll free number.  My subscription will be cancelled soon, at the next opportunity.

I think the Guardian is a useful publication and I would like to see it from time to time.  I’m not sure I want to spend so many hundred dollars for a years subscription.

My point is this.  Their trial subscription is not what I expect a trial subscription to be.

		ken h