[Marxism] Venezuela’s crisis: A view from the communes (Green Left Weekly)

Chris Slee chris_w_slee at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 18:02:40 MDT 2019

https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/venezuela-crisis-view-communes

“So what exists is a love-hate relationship between the government and the commune.

“Even with all its weaknesses and failures, it's our state, it's our government. At the same time, we have a relationship in which we have to struggle. We're not going to deny that.

“There are things that don’t get to us that we need to produce food, at a time when we are importing almost all the food we need. But instead of helping, the state puts up all these bureaucratic hurdles, when all we're trying to do is to guarantee that people have food and deal with the situation of children with malnutrition.

“We are clear, however, that only with this government can we do what we are doing with the communes. In another government, we would not have this possibility, much less with the type of right-wing government Guaido wants to install with his coup.”