[Marxism] The Enduring Horror of Chernobyl

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri May 31 05:56:46 MDT 2019

Last night I watched the second episode of this powerful series that was
so shocking that I had to check for articles about how close or how far
it was to the actual events, especially since it came close to a
calamity that could have been as costly to life and property as a
nuclear bomb. It turned out that by all accounts, "Chernobyl" sticks
close to the reality, which convinces me that nuclear power plants
should not be part of the Green New Deal, whatever Jacobin authors write.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chernobyl-volunteers-divers-nuclear-mission-2016-4