[Marxism] E.M. Forster's "A Passage to India": enduring art in changing times

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:57:47 MST 2019

And the one time I had tea with him, I asked him (naively) what he was
writing and he said, "I have written some pieces for the Observer (a Sunday
newspaper in Britain) about "reading I have liked" or something like
that.   Everyone thinks I have this novel sitting around waiting to be
published but (smiling) that's not true ...."

Of course he was sitting on Maurice.  (And I as a quite naive person those
days had NO IDEA he was gay ....)