[Marxism] Cardin, Halston, St. Laurent | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Nov 13 16:52:41 MST 2019

Before my wife became a tenure-track professor in the Economics and
Business Department of Lehmann College/CUNY in New York (now
successfully completed), she was an adjunct at the Fashion Institute of
Technology, a SUNY school that was a first choice for many aspiring
designers—many of whom were contestants on Project Runway. She was
curious about how their work stacked up against other aspiring
designers, all of whom hoped to get the first prize, $100,000 plus
having a collection of their work showcased during Fashion Week in New
York. My wife also enjoyed watching designer clothing being made since
she is a stylish dresser unlike the women I knew from my Trotskyist days
who would consider owning a Michael Kors handbag tantamount to crossing
a picket line.

https://louisproyect.org/2019/11/13/cardin-halston-st-laurent/