[Marxism] Going back and forth with Chomsky

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Nov 16 14:32:28 MST 2019

I'll give him credit for answering my emails yesterday and today but
little else.

---

On 11/16/19 4:14 PM, Chomsky, Noam - (noamchomsky) wrote:
 > I hope you are able to understand that Steele took no position on
what actually happened at Douma, but (like the statement) was discussing
something different.

Do you actually think that Jonathan Steele was interested in an
impartial investigation? If so, the Courage Foundation that is
essentially run by John Pilger, a hardened Assad supporter, would have
had people more like you, Bustani and Von Sponeck as signatories. My
guess is that he couldn't find anybody except you 3 to lend their names.

The attempt to portray Douma as a "false flag" is not exactly something
that impartial scientists get involved with. In fact, Ted Postol who you
have endorsed for his views on chemical attacks, had an article on Douma
rejected by the peer-review journal upon whose editorial board he sat.
When this genius Ted Postol began defending Assad against the charges of
using sarin gas, guess whose chemical expertise he relied on. Nobody at
MIT as it happens. Instead he endorsed Marian Susli, aka "The Syrian
Girl", who has made multiple appearances on David Duke's TV show.