[Marxism] Fwd: You can stop Cuomo's attempt to destroy the Green Party

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Nov 25 09:15:37 MST 2019

Important to take action on this.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	You can stop Cuomo's attempt to destroy the Green Party
Date: 	Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:56:22 +0000 (UTC)
From: 	Gloria and Peter, Green Party of New York <enews at gpny.org>
To: 	Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>

NationBuilder
Green Party of New York State
<http://www.gpny.org/donate?e=941ba544ec60b5f9e49839bfc0ba5c88&utm_source=gpnys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=191125_defense&n=1>

*THIS IS IT.*

The Green Party has endured with its own ballot line, running its own
candidates, for almost 10 years straight. Since they can't knock us out
at the ballot box, they're trying to rig the rules of the game.

The Public Campaign Finance Commission's decision to raise ballot access
thresholds to 2% of the vote for presidential and gubernatorial
elections is a HUGE blow to democracy that will limit YOUR choices as a
voter. It's an attempt to silence YOUR voice as someone who wants a
party for People and Planet Over Profit.

Across New York, right now, your fellow Greens are vowing to fight this
decision until it is overturned.

*HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO:*

Right now...or at least as SOON as you can TODAY...Go to GPNY.org to the
Action Page where you can do the following:
<http://www.gpny.org/savethegreenline?e=941ba544ec60b5f9e49839bfc0ba5c88&utm_source=gpnys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=191125_defense&n=2>

  1. Call your representatives in the NY Assembly *and* the Senate. We
     will help you look up their phone numbers and help you with what to say
  2. Email the Commission. Tell them you just spoke to your
     representatives on the Legislature and asked them to SHUT DOWN any
     proposal that restricts party choice in NY.
  3. Tell us how you did
  4. Spread the word. Only your voice and the voices in your community
     can stop this

Tell your friends, allies and family members that if they EVER want more
parties and perspectives to choose from on Election Day — and most
voters do! — then they need to speak up NOW
<http://www.gpny.org/savethegreenline?e=941ba544ec60b5f9e49839bfc0ba5c88&utm_source=gpnys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=191125_defense&n=3>.
Share the action page. Ask them to act today.

*THIS IS THE BEGINNING*

Cuomo and his cronies on this Commission don't know who they're messing
with. They are not counting on you and tens of thousands of Greens and
allies going to the mat for this party we have fought so hard to build.
If you want to avert climate catastrophe, if you want to end
capitalism's war on the planet and our lives, then you have to fight.

With Solidarity and Gratitude,
Gloria and Peter
Co-Chairs
Green Party of New York

*p.s. there may be legal fights ahead. We have to prepare for that and
fighting in court is costly. Give today to so the Green Party can be
ready.
<https://gpnys.nationbuilder.com/donate?e=941ba544ec60b5f9e49839bfc0ba5c88&utm_source=gpnys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=191125_defense&n=4>*

Green Party of New York State · United States
This email was sent to lnp3 at panix.com. To stop receiving emails, click
here
<http://www.gpny.org/unsubscribe?e=941ba544ec60b5f9e49839bfc0ba5c88&utm_source=gpnys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=191125_defense&n=5>.

Created with NationBuilder