[Marxism] The Grand Illusion - CounterPunch.org

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Nov 29 08:46:37 MST 2019

As the ecological crisis deepens, nearing the infamous Tipping Point –
taking us closer to planetary catastrophe – we are being led to believe
that an imminent “greening” of the world economy will deliver us from a
very dark future. Somehow, against all logic, we have adopted a
collective faith in the willingness of ruling governments and
corporations to do the right thing. Carbon footprints will be
drastically reduced thanks to a combination of market stratagems and
technological magic. While greenhouse mitigation seamlessly advances,
the ruling forces can return to what they do best – indulge their
religion of endless accumulation and growth.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/11/29/the-grand-illusion-2/