[Marxism] Trump Flies Into the Cuckoo’s Nests

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Oct 10 09:04:52 MDT 2019

On 10/10/19 10:58 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> https://consentfactory.org/2019/10/04/trumpenstein-must-be-destroyed/

Oh, CJ Hopkins. The guy who defends his right to crosspost to UNZ.com, a
neo-Nazi website. Hopkins has been writing the same article for the past
4 years. Although I usually ignore this putz, I couldn't help but
posting a comment about it:

CJ Hopkins: All he [Trump] really cares about is seeing his face on
television and plastering his name on everything in sight, preferably in
huge gold letters.

—

Not really. He also cares about gutting regulations on carcinogenic
pesticides, making it impossible to get political asylum in the USA,
opening up public lands that are refuges for endangered species to
fracking, mining and cattle ranching, giving the green light to oil, gas
and coal companies to go full blast even if means melting all the ice in
the Arctic with disastrous results. I can go on and on but what’s the
point? Hopkins is only interested in championing “populism” as if
someone like Donald Trump had anything to do with common folk. By
focusing on Rachel Maddow et al, he doesn’t seem to grasp that
revolutionaries in the USA are trying to build a resistance to the Trump
presidency based on mass action, such as the recent climate change
protests that you unfortunately denigrated. This article, by the way, is
number 113 of the same basic article Hopkins has been writing. If Rachel
Maddow is a crushing bore with her Russiagate obsession, Hopkins is just
as boring with his predictable anti-Maddow screeds. I wonder if he ever
had even the slightest inclination to champion the left in his litany of
anti-liberal posts. After all, there are people struggling to overthrow
the capitalist system in the USA even if he has zero identification with it.