[Marxism] De Blasio's housing plan

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Oct 30 12:46:56 MDT 2019

So funny, when challenged about how her boss's housing plan would screw
poor New Yorkers, De Blasio's Deputy Mayor for Housing and Development
Alicia Glen (former head of Goldman Sach's Urban Investment Group)
snarled, "We have certain tools in our municipal tool box. We can't
change the history of capitalism and we're not Trotsky. You try to
redistribute some of that growth to the people who need it."

This is from a Vice interview with Glen referenced in "Capital City".
Read the whole interview and you'll understand what a fraud De Blasio
was and why nobody paid attention to his short-lived campaign for President.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yvxed5/we-asked-