[Marxism] The Party’s Over: Bernie’s Last Dance With the Dems - CounterPunch.org

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 1 19:05:04 MST 2020

It will be clear, I hope and think, to those very good people, once and
for all, that they can never get what they want from the Democratic Party.

What happens to Bernie and those people politically after that depends
on what Bernie does. if he fights like hell with his plurality all the
way through, refuses to accept whatever centrist the DNC picks, and
calls for a Demexit and third party, then he, those people, and the
movement he led, will be alive and kicking.

If he accepts himself and his “us” being brushed aside, embraces the
DNC’s centrist pick, and does “everything in my power” to keep their
game going—well, I hope and think his supporters will see once and for
all that they can never get what they want from the Democratic Party or
from him, and it will be the political death of both of them. Bernie
will then have sheepdogged from the top dog position.

full:
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/31/the-partys-over-bernies-last-dance-with-the-dems/