[Marxism] The Party’s Over: Bernie’s Last Dance With the Dems - CounterPunch.org

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 08:24:45 MST 2020

Spoiler alert -- what follows is a BROKEN RECORD ---

It is possible that every word in the article by Kavanaugh is correct and
his prediction of what Bernie would do after a brokered convention takes
the nomination away from him .... (though I actually believe Warren is NOT
a DNC "liberal" ---she's a bit more radical than that and thereforescary to
the establishment --- but leave that aside!) --- is ALSO correct.

That leaves out the answer to the question that the writer neglects to
answer --- he says, when Bernie makes his peace with the Dems'
establishment all his supporters will have to leave the Democratic Party --

Will they have to vote for Howie Hawkins or stay home in November 2020 in
order to punish the Democratic Establishment?

The writer doesn't answer but that is of course the important question --

I've made it clear I think Trump's fascism and climate denialism is
QUALITATIVELY different from (and more dangerous than) ANY Democrat -- even
(gasp!) Bloomberg.

WIll not try to re-argue that - but merely note that the writer goes right
up to that question and does not (unless I read the piece wrong) answer
it.....

<https://lists.csbs.utah.edu/options/marxism/mameerop%40gmail.com>