[Marxism] The 1619 Project Devours Its Liberal Parents | Counter-Currents Publishing

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Feb 2 12:45:48 MST 2020

On 2/2/20 1:22 PM, A.R. G wrote:
> It sounds like they are criticizing the critics of the 1619 Project
> rather than the Project itself.

You're right. I skimmed the article. Reading it more carefully now, it
takes a 3rd position, namely that Project 1619 was right in seeing white
supremacy as rooted in American history but wrong in condemning it. This
is how he puts it:

Our nation is great due to its founding stock and those Europeans who
assimilated to it, not to words on a piece of paper. “All men are
created equal” is not the core of our country–it’s the historic American
nation. The Founding Fathers were ethno-nationalists and racial
egalitarianism repulsed them.