[Marxism] The Party's Over: Bernie?s Last Dance With the Dems

srobin21 srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 3 09:20:28 MST 2020

Sounds like nostalgia for good old fashioned ultra leftism. May be "radicalism" should mean forming armed cells, robbing banks,  going underground etc. At least that is what it meant for part of the SDS.In any event, for all their ultra leftism, electorally the SDSers were abject supporters of mainstream  liberalism. Hayden et al "went part of the way with LBJ" in 1964 and supported RFK in 1968. Somehow support for Sanders does not compare unfavorably to that.SR
-------- Original message --------From: Louis Proyect What does it mean to be a radical? If it is making speeches about the "billionaire class", then it is a different kind of radicalization that young people underwent when I was young. These were people who joined SDS. Right? They occupied buildings on campus, not passing out literature to help DP candidates get elected. That's what galls me about the confusion Jacobin and the DSA have sown.