[Marxism] It’s Time for the Left to Build a Force Outside the Democratic Party | Left Voice

A.R. G amithrgupta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:57:21 MST 2020

I've seen several pieces arguing this and the Iowa debacle really is making
me explore the topic more.

But what, in practice, does this look like? What does it mean to "build a
force outside the Democratic Party"? Like, what is Step 1?

I assume organizers of such an initiative would need to start by raising a
significant amount of money simply to open offices, recruit canvassers, do
election research, etc. And after that they would need to be able to
compete within the corporate media landscape. It is an enormous undertaking
and many smaller parties have already failed at it. How does one build such
a party?

Amith R. Gupta

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 7:23 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <