[Marxism] My NYFCO ballot for 2019 | Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 10 08:31:16 MST 2020

New York Film Critics Online (NYFCO) had its annual awards meeting on
December 8, 2019. As is usually the case, my ballot and the membership
majority were not quite aligned. You can check out their awards here,
which agreed with the Academy Award’s choice of “Parasite” for best film
of the year. I usually don’t pay much attention to awards since I don’t
believe in competition but since someone on Facebook asked me what my
nomination for best documentary was, I decided to post my ballot. (I
told him that “American Factory” was not my first choice but defended it
as a good film notwithstanding it being produced by the Obamas.)

full: https://louisproyect.org/2020/02/10/my-nyfco-ballot-for-2019/