[Marxism] "only the billionaires can save us"

Dayne Goodwin daynegoodwin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 16:47:41 MST 2020

Capitalist politics has become a caricature of itself.  "Mike
Bloomberg 2020" campaign advertising received via U.S. mail says: "Get
special interest influence out of politics. Mike never has and never
will take a dime from them."  This is point three on a four-point
platform.

When Ralph Nader ended his relatively brief venture into electoral
politics he wrote a fictional book "Only the Billionaires Can Save Us"
(2010; 2011 title "Only the Super-Rich Can Save Us") which i took as
his experienced judgment on the state of U.S. politics.

Working people are constantly dunned for donations by politicians
(typically low-income millionaires) who need our help so they can
compete with the billionaires and billionaire-funded.  If we don't
contribute again and again, it will be our fault that the billionaires
are in control (spoiler alert, they already are).