[Marxism] What algorithm led me to survivalist videos?

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 23 20:13:01 MST 2020

I was innocently watching the video record of a memorial gathering for someone I knew and as I looked on the right hand side of may screen I saw videos about surviving in the woods and on the run.
How did these crop up?  I had to think back.  I do follow some sites that I regard as bordering on conspiracist.  And recently, researching the Wet’suwet’en struggle, I found myself on a website quite hostile to their struggle.
That might account for it.

The videos themselves were quite interesting.  The one below was one of two by someone who calls himself The Gray Bearded Green Beret.  Here is someone who had been part of the armed forces of the most powerful imperialist country in the world, but he sees himself as potentially some kind of rebel.  His T-shirt celebrates the Green Berets and their various overseas missions.  He sees no contradiction between this and his preparing to be on the run from some government entity.  This puts me in mind of the expression “To run with the hares and hunt with the hounds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29woKujuuFs <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29woKujuuFs>

		ken h