[Marxism] Sanders's "turnout" strategy not working

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:34:09 MST 2020

> Michael - While I respect you for much of the political work you have
> done, I must say that your cheerleading for the Democratic Party is a bit
> nauseating on a MARXIST list!
>
> "Whoever the Dems choose"??? When did you become such a toady to this
> worthless party? And what if it isn't Sanders but some moderate,
> pro-corporate slug - fill in the blank, the Dems have many of them. In the
> name of a short-sighted Anyone but Trump hysteria, what would we get if one
> of them defeats Trump in November?
>
> We'd get a "savior" who is unwilling to address any of the changes that
> tens of millions of Americans now demand;
> continued exorbitant medical bills/insurance/Big Pharma ripoffs,
> college tuition that takes decades for young people to pay back,
> more bowing to the demands of banks,
> the rise of more billionaires who don't have to pay as much in taxes as
> much of the working class,
>
> Wouldn’t that disappointment four years later produce another Trump, as it
> did in 2016 when 5 million who voted for Obama in 2012 STAYED HOME,
> frustrated and demoralized that the Dems are an all-talk/do-nothing party??

    If Bernie is cheated out of the nomination as was the case in 2016 and
declares his independence from the Dems and runs a third party campaign,  I
would do whatever I could to support it. If he repeats his surrender of
four years ago, we need to get behind the candidacy of Howie Hawkins of the
Green Party.