[Marxism] War threat - reaction in Canada

Ken Hiebert knhiebert at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 4 15:27:40 MST 2020

Footage of a Washington, DC demonstration that I saw earlier on CNN has shown up on CBC.
I have not seen any calls for demonstrations in Canada.  Some Iranians here have publicly supported the killing of Soleimani, but others are urging restraint.
Below is an opinion piece in The Globe and Mail.  I would place the writer somewhat on the right of the political spectrum in Canada.
		ken h

Trudeau’s handling of the Iran crisis could define his second term
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trudeaus-handling-of-the-iran-crisis-could-define-his-second-term/ <https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-trudeaus-handling-of-the-iran-crisis-could-define-his-second-term/>

This country’s best hope lies in working with European and Asian allies, including Japan, to forge a coherent response that provokes neither the Americans nor the Iranians. But that may prove impossible.

To make things even more complicated, we will all need to figure out how much U.S. actions against Iran are based on calculated national interest, and how much they are the whim of an erratic and uninformed President who is trying to change the impeachment channel.