[Marxism] All the Times the US allied with Gen. Soleimani against Common Enemies, giving him Air Support at Tikrit

Dennis Brasky dmozart1756 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 11:51:01 MST 2020

Soleimani was a complicated man, a man of the religious far right, an
authoritarian. Although I think it is nonsense to speak of him committing
terrorism, he did commit war crimes. I am not sure he is responsible for
nearly as many deaths as George W. Bush, though. In this essay I’m not
defending Soleimani, I’m only trying to complicate the glib story being
pushed at us by the Trump administration, which can’t speak two sentences
without telling four lies. The best antidote to black and white
authoritarian views of the world is an attention to irony and ambiguity.

https://www.juancole.com/2020/01/soleimani-against-support.html