[Marxism] Wilmington, NC massacre and NY Times contemporary account

Michael Meeropol mameerop at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 20:19:36 MST 2020

I read the review of the book and am looking forward to reading it ---- the
Chesnutt novel THE MARROW OF TRADITION is an outstanding fictionalization
of the same events ....

But the contemporaneous Times accounts makes it sound like the White
Populists and White Republicans had joined the Democrats in politically
running against the Black Republicans --- Perhaps I have read the history
wrong but I think the interracial Populist -Republican coalition was still
politically in control when the mob went on its rampage, killed 30 people
and AT GUNPOINT forced the still serving city officials to resign ...

I guess I'll have to check the book to see if the TIMES of those times was
already distorting history ---