MPA Job listjob
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Tue May 20 12:22:33 MDT 2003
United Way is seeking a New Business Development Manager
Reporting Relationship: Campaign Director
Basic Function: Broaden the base of corporations running employee
campaigns to increase revenue from new business prospects in Salt
Summit andTooele counties. This involves identifying, cultivating and
recruiting new company employee campaigns on a year round basis. In
conjunction with Campaign Director, refine and implement strategic
Specific Duties: The New Business Development Manager will:
New Business Development
· Work with Campaign Director, Campaign Chair, and Campaign Cabinet to
develop and implement strategic plan.
· Research best practices of other United Ways New Business
· Develop a prospect list of companies located in our service area
do not run United Way employee campaigns.
· Cultivate geographic areas and/or specific industries for potential
new business opportunities.
· Utilize and leverage United Way partner agency Board Members to
cultivate new relationships with potential accounts.
· Track and report all new business development progress.
· Set appointments and meet with prospective accounts.
· Implement, coordinate, advise and manage all aspects of new business
employee fundraising campaigns and secure corporate contributions.
· Maintain regular correspondence with new business prospects and
· Make public presentations regarding United Way.
· Manage Loaned Executives
Candidate Qualifications: The successful candidate for this position
· A Bachelors Degree
· 2-3 years of sales or fundraising experience
· Outstanding communication skills, including: public speaking,
presentation, listening and writing
· Time management skills
· Detail oriented
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and other operating systems
· Proven ability to generate and secure new revenue sources
· Ability to work well with United Way staff, United Way Board
corporate CEOs, volunteers and current prospects
Salary is between $30,000 and $33,000
Please send resume to: Jason Castor, Campaign Director, at
mailto:jason at uw.org.
More information about the Mpajobs