MPA Job list- two jobs

Juli Genovesi juli.genovesi at csbs.utah.edu
Tue Oct 7 11:32:28 MDT 2003

Public Policy Program Associate

Planned Parenthood Action Council seeks a part-time (30 hours a week)
Program Associate with previous related work experience preferred.
Excellent computer skills and database management required. Needs good
written, verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills. Needs to be
highly organized with proven attention to detail. Has strong initiative
and ability to work independently to complete tasks on time while
adapting to different situations and demands.

This position provides administrative support functions for the Public
Policy and Education department including the Action Council. This
position is responsible for the day-to-day office functions including
financial recordkeeping and database management. This position
coordinates volunteers and special projects including fundraising
events, newsletters and voter guide publications. This position also
manages Utah’s Planned Parenthood Action Network system. Must support
the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah mission.

EOE/AA.

Position closes October 12, 2003.
Send resume to:
Planned Parenthood Association of Utah (PPAU) HR/PA
654 South 900 East
SLC, UT 84102
Or fax
801-532-5748

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION:   Budget & Accounting Officer I/II
LOCATION:   Administrative Office of the Courts - Salt Lake City
STEP RANGE/SALARY: Level I: 39 - 47/$13.06 - $16.23
Level II: 43 - 52/$14.56 - $18.59
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-time with benefits
CLOSING DATE:  October 20, 2003 at 5:00 p.m.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
Human Resources
P.O. Box 140241
450 S. State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-0241
(801) 578-3804/3890

DUTIES: Under supervision of a Sr. Budget & Accounting Officer, performs
professional level duties  for court administration including:
• Assisting in court appropriation requests and work programs; assessing
trends and identifying anticipated revenues; analyzing actual
expenditures and expenditure patterns; recommending and developing
rationale for work program allocations, etc.
• Monitoring and reconciling revenue/trust bank accounts for compliance
with state and court policy;
• Monitoring fiscal activity and operations to ensure conformity to
goals, budget constraints and legislative or statutory controls;
identifying items not in compliance, analyzing multiple accounts and
multiple funding sources and recommending adjustments to achieve
compliance, etc.
• Performing basic general ledger accounting activities; providing
reports to management on the status of district revenues;
• Assisting in the preparation of year end closing detailing spending
and revenue;
• Processing and approving purchases (level 1); dealing with vendors in
making purchases and arranging financial transactions
• Performing other related duties as assigned

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Level I: Bachelor’s degree in related field and
one (1) year of experience in accounting, budgeting, or related field,
or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Level II:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3 years professional level
experience in accounting, budgeting or related or an equivalent
combination of education and experience OR bachelor’s degree in related
field, 1 year professional level accounting experience and 2 years
experience as a Budget and Accounting Officer I with the courts.  Must
be bondable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE:  Applications may be obtained from the
Administrative Office of the Courts, 450 S State, SLC, UT 84114, the
Department of Workforce Services or from our website at
www.utcourts.gov/admin/jobs Phone:(801)578-3890/3804.

The Utah State Courts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.  The courts
comply with all state and federal laws prohibiting unlawful
discrimination, and provide reasonable accommodation to disabled
individuals as required by the ADA.