MPA Job listmore jobs! A good day!
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Mon Oct 13 11:35:34 MDT 2003
TRACY AVIARY: Education Specialist
Tracy Aviary is seeking a part-time temporary Education Specialist. The
education specialist is responsible for designing and delivering
education programs that meet the high standards of the Tracy Aviary.
These programs may include, but are not limited to, classroom
presentations and on-grounds classes and camps, and are consistent with
the objectives of the Education Department, as dictated by our core
curriculum and our annual plan. The education specialist may be called
upon to supervise and empower education interns and to train volunteers.
Requirements: Education Specialist must have a college degree in the
sciences, education or equivalent experience. A specialization in
education is preferred. Job experience should reflect skills in working
with children, public speaking, teaching and program design.
Proficiency in bird handling is preferred. Animal husbandry background
preferred. He/she must also be proficient in using Microsoft Office and
custom applications. The education specialist must have a clean driving
record and proof of auto insurance.
BS or BA in biology or wildlife sciences or education or equivalent
Teaching certificate preferred but not required
Animal experience preferred
Schedule: Fridays preferred, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Time flexibility
would be a bonus.
Application deadline: October 17, 2003.
To apply: submit resume and cover letter to:
589 East 1300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
E-mail: mailto:jenh at tracyaviary.org
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - YWCA of Salt Lake City
POSITION: Senior Case Manager - Teen Home Program/Residential
REPORTS TO: Teen Home Director and Transitional Housing Director.
HOURS: Full-time. 20 hrs/week in Teen Home Program. 20 hrs/week in
Transitional Housing Program.
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
DESCRIPTION: Provide education and supportive case management services
for pregnant and parenting teens and single, homeless women living in
the YWCA Transitional Housing program. Provide psychotherapy services
for Teen Home residents, cover shifts at Teen Home, provide leadership
in absence of Teen Home and Transitional Housing directors.
1. Provide education, case management and psychotherapy
services to Teen Home clients.
2. Provide case management, psycho-educational groups to single,
3. Provide leadership in absence of Teen Home and Transitional
4. Participate on treatment teams for Teen Home and
5. Maintain health and safety in household.
6. Keep all records necessary to ensure that work is conducted
in accordance with agency, contractual, and legal requirements.
1. Master's degree required in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling.
2. Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
3. Minimum of one to two years experience in direct social
services. Knowledge of residential treatment, adolescent
development, multi-problem families, domestic violence, homelessness,
substance abuse, mental health issues, knowledge of community resources
4. Minimum of one year experience in case management.
5. CPR and First Aid certification, food handler's permit.
6. Ability to work assigned hours on a regular basis
7. Ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations.
8. If driving on agency business, a valid Utah driver's license, a
satisfactory motor vehicle check, and current automobile insurance.
WAGE/SALARY: $30,000 per year.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to:
Teen Home Director, YWCA
322 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
E-mail: mailto:gfidjeland at ywca.com
THE YWCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The YWCA of Salt Lake City is affiliated with the YWCA of the USA, a
women's membership association committed to empowering women and girls
and eliminating racism.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs