MPA Job listjob
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Fri Oct 17 10:04:27 MDT 2003
Make-a-Wish Foundation of Utah - Manager of Volunteer Services
ROLE: To enhance the professionalism and competence of Foundation
operations through the recruitment and management of volunteer resources
and the creation and maintenance of a strong volunteer program.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
* Continually assess the Foundation's volunteer needs with entire
staff, creating or assisting in the creation of volunteer position
* Recruit volunteers based on organizational needs and respond to
volunteer program inquiries from the public.
* Ensure quality training for Foundation volunteers. Conduct
orientations and work with rest of staff to create and implement
* Screen volunteer applicants by conducting reference checks,
background checks, and interviews.
* Place volunteers in appropriate positions with an identified chain
of command, ensuring volunteers receive continual support,
guidance, and supervision.
* Maintain volunteer files and create a database of volunteer
* Design and distribute Volunteer Newsletters
* Develop and implement an evaluation plan for the Foundation's
volunteer program and individual volunteer performance.
* Develop and implement a motivational plan, which will enhance
volunteer satisfaction through ongoing recognition and leadership
Committee and Event Activities:
* Staff the Rubber Ducky Derby Committee, motivating volunteer duck
sales and coordinating all aspects of race.
* Assist in identifying, training and placing event volunteers for
the Gala and Escape and supervising volunteer activities on the
* Provide volunteer resources as required for additional MAWFU
events and external fund-raisers.
* Provides staff leadership to appropriate new event committees
including wish family events and opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA degree in relevant field; excellent management,
organizational and interpersonal skills; human resource experience a
plus; experienced with managing and providing leadership to volunteers;
experienced in event planning and committee leadership; ability to
motivate volunteers and create an environment in which volunteers have
fun, are well-matched to the projects they undertake, feel appreciated,
and are respected by others; demonstrated patience and tolerance;
willing to work flexible hours; sense of humor; ability to a work
flexible schedule as needed, including some evenings and weekends; able
to juggle many activities at once; comfortable with computers and
Microsoft Office; accept and appreciate diversity of people and situations.
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 TO $37,000
CLOSING DATE: November 7, 2003
To apply for this position, e-mail a cover letter, a resume, and three
current professional references by e-mailing
mailto:csharer at makeawishutah.org
References from immediate supervisors are preferred; and please provide
a current phone number for each one.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs