MPA Job listthree jobs
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 9 14:34:23 MDT 2004
HawkWatch International - Executive Director
Posted: April 9, 2004
HawkWatch International is seeking a dedicated and motivated Executive
Director with demonstrated leadership, development and financial skills.
HWI's Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the management of
personnel, finances, and development efforts; the ED also oversees
implementation of research, conservation, education, and membership
programs. A skilled administrator is sought to work in a team-oriented
environment with staff, board, volunteers, and partners, and guide the
organization in achieving its long-term goals.
* Experience making decisions in personnel and organizational
management, including budgeting and financial management.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
Additional preferred selection criteria:
* Demonstrated commitment to natural science, conservation, or
* Nonprofit management experience, preferably with a membership
* Proven grant writing, development and/or fund-raising experience.
* Success at building and leading effective teams.
* Knowledge of office technology and its applications.
* Evidence of respect from peers and colleagues.
* Advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
* Cover letter and resume with 6 references; indicate if we may
contact your current employer.
* Three letters of recommendation.
* Environmental Philosophy Statement, approximately 500 words.
* Two examples demonstrating the applicant's writing skills.
Position availability: Immediately.
Salary range: $40,000-45,000 plus benefits based on skills and experience.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position
is filled, which will be announced on HawkWatch International's website.
Review of applications will begin on April 19, 2004.
Send application materials to:
HawkWatch International Search Committee
1800 S. West Temple, Suite 226
Salt Lake City, UT 84115.
Complete e-mail applications are accepted at npj2 at xmission.com.
For more information on HawkWatch International, go to
Life Care Bank (Community Services Council) - Seasonal Chore Crew
Posted: April 5, 2004
Life Care Bank is now taking applications for seasonal jobs on our Chore
Crew. By terms of our funding contract, hiring preference is given to
persons 16-21 years of age from low-income families. The job involves
mowing and trimming lawns for seniors (over 60) who are unable to do
their own lawn maintenance. We are looking for polite, enthusiastic
candidates who can provide their own transportation to our office at
1025 South 700 West; who are willing to work hard; and who can interact
well with other chore crew members, the team leader, Life Care staff and
clients. Some experience with lawn mowing equipment is very helpful. The
pay is $6.43 per hour.
We are also recruiting for Chore Crew Lead Person. The Lead Person will
work with the crew teams and will be the primary contact person with the
clients at their homes. A valid Utah drivers license and a clean MVR are
required. (MVR must accompany application.) Our insurance requires that
anyone operating a CSC vehicle must be 21 or over. This position is also
seasonal, usually full-time and pays $6.94 per hour. We prefer some
experience with lawn maintenance, power lawn equipment and supervision.
While school is in session, Chore Crews will work afternoons and
possibly Saturdays. After school is out, the daily hours are 7:00 to
3:30, with a 1/2 hour lunch break, normally resulting in a 40 hour week.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test.
To apply, please e-mail resume and information to clairf at csc-ut.org
Utah Domestic Violence Council - Domestic Violence Training Coordinator
Posted: April 1, 2004
PURPOSE: Provide training coordination in the area of domestic violence
including establishment of relationships with training entities,
maintaining a statewide domestic violence training calendar (by
discipline/population), staff the UDVC Training Committee, perform
ongoing development and maintenance of the UDVC web site for computer
based training, coordinate domestic violence training with DV
Coordinators statewide and represent UDVC as the contact person for DV
training in Utah.
* Identify and create collaborative relationships with
entities currently providing domestic violence training in Utah
* Identify and create collaborative relationships with
entities who provide services for individuals impacted by
domestic violence and who may benefit from or participate in
domestic violence trainings within their communities
* Work closely with UDVC committees to ensure that the
training needs for the various disciplines are being addressed
* Partner with and observe existing trainings for content,
quality and feedback purposes
* Develop, present and evaluate curriculum as identified by
the UDVC Training Committee
2. STAFF UDVC TRAINING COMMITTEE
* Needs Assessment
Work with the UDVC Training Committee to identify domestic
violence training needs to include: unmet needs, ongoing
needs and gaps in domestic violence training in Utah
* Strategy Development
Work with the UDVC Training Committee to develop strategies
for meeting identified training needs in Utah
* Bachelor's Degree and/or four years of experience in training and
* Experience in curriculum development
* Five years of domestic violence issue work preferred
* Fluent in English and one other language preferred
* Competent organizational skills
* Competent computer skills to include familiarity with web site
development/maintenance, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and Publisher
* Must possess a valid driver's license
* This position will require travel
Salary range: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour plus benefits-part time position,
25 hours a week
Closing date: April 14, 2004
Send a letter of interest and resume to:
Judy Kasten Bell, Executive Director
320 West 200 South, Suite 270 B
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
FAX 801-521-5548 or email to jkbell at udvac.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs