MPA Job listjob
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Mon Mar 22 16:46:45 MST 2004
SALT LAKE FILM SOCIETY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director (E.D.) is responsible for the general management
of the Salt Lake Film Society, a small nonprofit organization that
exists to ensure that art, independent and foreign film not typically
programmed by mainstream theaters has a venue to be seen and heard, and
that education through the medium of film takes place. The E.D. reports
to and works in partnership with a board of directors and is responsible
for developing and managing the SLFS budget, supervising a paid staff
(typically about 3 full-time, 15 part-time) and approximately 10
volunteers, and other specific responsibilities such as:
· Oversee all programs, services and activities to ensure program
objectives are met may include programming, event planning, marketing
· Develop office and personnel policies and manage staff and office
according to the policies;
· Facilitate a regular strategic planning process;
· Assist board chair; plan agendas and develop background materials for
· Manage financial health and assets of SLFS, including preparing an
annual budget to be approved by the board of directors, inventory
management, payroll and other accounting and overseeing all expenditures
to ensure fiscal responsibility;
· Serve as chief liaison with other community organizations and key
constituencies for general outreach activities;
· Identify opportunities to raise funds and develop budget through
outside sources work with board and staff to execute.
Attributes and Qualifications Preferred:
· Experience working in nonprofit, supervising staff and working with
board of directors;
· Working knowledge of budgeting and accounting in the nonprofit
· Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral
communication, interpersonal relations, and problem-solving;
· Experience and demonstrated success in fund-raising;
· Professional maturity and high energy level;
· Academic degree and/or significant experience that strongly
contributes to SLFS mission;
· Interest in quality film.
Salary and benefits are negotiable depending on experience and skill set
of candidate (range is approximately $30,000 to $40,000).
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to jobs at saltlakefilmsociety.org or
fax to (801) 363-8022.
Questions should be directed to Brooke Harper at (801) 364-1088.
Position closes 4/26/04.
Salt Lake Film Society
editor at saltlakefilmsociety.org
More information about the Mpajobs