MPA Job listSummer Internship in AZ
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Wed May 5 13:27:47 MDT 2004
Town of Marana, AZ
To train and enhance the growth of future public manager's. To actively support and uphold the Town's stated mission and values. To perform a variety of professional managerial and administrative duties involved in carrying out various Town policies as assigned in the Town Manager's office.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
Receives general supervision from the Town Manager or from other supervisory or management staff.
Examples of Duties:
This class specification is intended to indicate the basic nature of positions allocated to the class and examples of typical duties that may be assigned. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Observe and participate in special program and project operations as assigned; may participate in coordinating program budgets.
· Assist in planning specific projects in the fields of administrative planning, organization and program operations; organize committees; participate in establishing and implementing project policies and procedures.
· Collect and compile data for a variety of projects; design and conduct studies and surveys as required; analyze findings and implications; develop recommendations on a variety of Town programs, services and other projects; prepare and present staff reports of findings.
· Provide staff assistance to various departments and divisions; assist staff members of various departments and agencies during the installation of new programs, systems, procedures and methods of operation and in carrying out policies and duties of the Town Manager's office.
· Coordinate assigned activities with staff, representatives of other public or private agencies and members of the general public.
· Participate in preparing and delivering presentations to neighborhood and other community groups.
· Respond to and resolve citizen inquiries and complaints.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
No experienced required.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration or a related field. Enrollment in a Master's degree program and the successful completion of a minimum of 12 hours of graduate study is also required.
Base Pay is $10 per hour with the expectation that the position be full-time through-out the summer.
Send resumes and cover letters to:
Interim Development Services Administrator
Town of Marana
3696 W. Orange Grove Road
Marana, Az 85741
Fax - 297-3930
Public Administration Education
sandi.parkes at cppa.utah.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs