MPA Job lista few jobs
sandi.parkes at csbs.utah.edu
Wed May 12 15:46:22 MDT 2004
Following are several positions available at member organizations.
PLease contact them directly and not UNA, as we cannot forward resumes.
Thank you. These positions are also posted on the UNA website at
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Campaign Director
Posted: May 11, 2004
Basic Function: Responsible for managing and implementing multiple
campaigns or projects for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the
chapter's chartered area. May supervise volunteers and other campaign staff.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of
the chapter Deputy Executive Director and Executive Director to
accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develops comprehensive Plan of operations for the assigned special
events, specific budgets, timelines, logistics, volunteer
activities and recruitment, major sponsorship plan for each events
* Manages and assures a coordinated communication plan to include
cultivation, retention and recognition for media, material,
in-kind and cash sponsorships.
* Responsible for training and supervising support staff and
volunteers required for implementation of assigned special events.
* Manages and assures the development of all materials required for
the implementation of assigned special events including
recruitment/promotion brochures, invitations, posters, training
materials, pledges etc.
* Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the
success of and enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission
* Tracks income and expenses associated with assigned events and
facilitates timely preparation of campaign records, evaluations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
* Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
* Highly organized and professional demeanor
* Resourcefulness, promotion savvy and problem solving acumen
* Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree
* 1-3 or more years fund raising and communications, sales, or
* Demonstrated staff management capabilities
* Good computer skills (word processing and database skills)
Send resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
2990 E.Northern Ste E-100
Phoenix, AZ 85028
Or, fax to (602) 788-3455
Utah Humanities Council - Two Positions
Posted: May 7, 2004
o develop basic knowledge of all UHC programs, publications,
and staff positions
o assist telephone callers and office visitors in a friendly
and helpful manner
o take accurate and complete telephone messages
o sort and distribute mail
o prepare and distribute letters and documents
o ensure accuracy in records and printed materials
o monitor, replenish, and organize office supplies and stationery
o handle daily mail and photocopying requests
o work with mailing service and postal service to maintain
o arrange for equipment maintenance and repair
o maintain up-to-date filing system
o monitor and arrange for office cleaning
o provide word processing and clerical assistance to staff
* Board Relations-
o assist other staff in carrying out charges of Board of
Directors and committees
o make arrangements for board and committee meetings
o assemble and distribute materials for Board business
o maintain board of directors data records
* Project Administration-
o assist other staff in organizing, preparing, and
distributing project materials
o conduct library and Internet research for other staff
o maintain video and book libraries, schedule loan requests,
o arrange and take rsvp's for occasional programs and meetings
o check daily newspapers for UHC related topics and programs
* work experience as receptionist, clerical staff, and/or
* familiarity with Windows, Microsoft, and Corel programs
* excellent communication skills (telephone and in person)
* excellent command of written and spoken English
* attention to detail
* ability to multi-task
* positive attitude
* bilingual in Spanish and English
* database experience
* nonprofit office experience
* current notary public
Salary Range: Salary $20,000-22,000 plus excellent benefits.
Closing Date: May 17, 2004
TO APPLY: Send 1) a letter of application, 2) a resume or vita, and 3)
titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references to:
Utah Humanities Council
202 W 300 North
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
No phone calls, please
The Utah Humanities Council seeks a highly qualified, experienced
marketing expert on a part-time contract basis. The Contractor will work
closely with UHC staff and volunteer board of directors to develop and
implement a comprehensive strategic marketing and public relations plan.
UHC values collegiality, versatility, and flexibility in the workplace;
applicants must enjoy working as a team.
* minimum three years of professional marketing and public relations
experience, preferably with nonprofit organizations
* excellent command of written English
* current, active Utah media contacts
* computer literacy
* ability to work independently and as a team member
* academic background in the humanities (see below)
* experience in web design and/or analysis
* bilingual Spanish-English
* assess and make recommendations for strategic marketing plan
* design and implement comprehensive plan
* build rapport and increase UHC access with media contacts
* prepare and distribute regular press releases and monthly calendar
* update media packets for UHC board and staff members
* develop model public relations materials for programs and grants
* advise staff and board on marketing opportunities and public
* consult on publications, e-newsletter, and website
* provide periodic media relations reports
Terms: 10-15 hours/week, flexible schedule (potential for increased
hours in future as funding permits). Hourly rate TBD, commensurate with
experience and skills.
Position will be ready to start in May 2004, or as soon as possible.
TO APPLY: Send 1) a letter of application, 2) a resume or vita, 3) a
writing sample or portfolio, and 4) titles, addresses, and telephone
numbers of three references to:
Utah Humanities Council
202 W 300 North
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Applications will be accepted until position is filled, but early
applicants will receive first consideration. Incomplete applications
will not be considered.
If you have sent an application prepared in response to the Public
Relations position announcement, it will still be considered, but you
may send supplements that address your marketing skills and experience.
Please note that this is not an entry-level position.
UHC is an equal opportunity employer
Public Administration Education
sandi.parkes at cppa.utah.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs