MPA Job listU HR Internship

Jackie Grant jackie.grant at cppa.utah.edu
Tue Jul 5 10:11:35 MDT 2005

HUMAN RESOURCE INTERNSHIP
I have an opening for an HR internship at my work.  You  need to apply
through the main U of U HR webpage at:
http://www.hr.utah.edu/ and find job number 21298 on the job postings
webpage. You can call me at 581-2168.  I am not the main contact for
this internship but I can help those interested to understand what this
position is about.  I have included a copy of the posting below.
Although it states that a Junior or Senior level student is sought, they
are
also looking for Graduate interns.
- Ed Black (MPA Student)

***Temporary, non-benefitted position***

Human Resources Internship
Human Resources, Research Park
Job # 021298

Job Duties
Write and update job descriptions, review job duties to determine
appropriate classification, conduct market research on the web and in a
salary survey database, review salary data to ensure pay equity and
other miscellaneous
duties as assigned.

This internship can be completed with or without academic credit.

Minimum Requirements
Junior or Senior with at least two management or human resources
courses.
Compensation course work preferred.
Experience in Word and Excel.
3.2 GPA or higher (if HR/Management course GPA high, can accept lower
overall GPA).

Work Schedule
Duration: 07/16/05-12/31/05.  Part-time, 19 hrs/week.  Temporary
position.

Please email resumes to:
Debra Valentine  debra.valentine at hsc.utah.edu