MPA Job listTwo jobs
jackie.grant at cppa.utah.edu
Wed Nov 23 09:47:59 MST 2005
1. Salt Lake County Homeless Coordinating Council, Inc.
Part-Time Program Coordinator
The Coordinator is a contract position responsible for managing
activities of the SLCHCC membership and the Salt Lake County Continuum
of Care process. This includes coordination and facilitation of
required meetings, communication with member agencies and management of
Continuum of Care application activities.
Report to: Salt Lake County Homeless Coordinating Council Executive
Membership Services: Program Coordinator is responsible for coordination
of all meetings and activities of the Salt Lake County Homeless
Coordinating Council duties include but are not limited to:
1. Working with Executive Committee to plan monthly meetings.
2. Facilitating and participating in meetings relevant to the SLCHCC
programs and projects.
3. Document meeting minutes and disseminate to Council membership.
4. Maintaining membership roles.
5. Disseminate training and other relevant information to Council
members via e-mail.
6. Planning of SLCHCC special events and distribution of media releases.
Salt Lake County Continuum of Care: The Program Coordinator will assist
with coordination of the year long Salt Lake County Continuum of Care
Process including oversight to the completion of the US Department of
Housing and Urban Development Homeless Continuum of Care grant
application. Candidate is required to actively coordinate with all
agencies involved in serving the homeless in Salt Lake County and will
maintain close working relationships with those organizations applying
for funds through the Continuum of Care process. Duties include but are
not limited to:
1. Coordination of all Continuum of Care Committee meetings.
2. Recruitment and selection of Continuum of Care application grant
3. In collaboration with Utah Issues, provide oversight to annual
unsheltered and sheltered counts and coordinate communication of
4. Dissemination of application information to partner agencies upon
HUDs release of Super Notice of Funds Available.
5. Coordination of agency participation in web casts or technical
assistance opportunities provided by HUD.
6. Development and dissemination of application timeline and
requirements to applicant agencies.
7. Providing technical assistance and information to applicant agencies.
8. Coordination of a workgroup to review and evaluate renewals.
9. Facilitation of the Exhibit 1 Goal Section Workgroup.
10. Coordination of the Prioritization Committee to review and rank
11. Provide oversight to the successful completion of Exhibit 1
including goals, strategy, leverage, housing activity chart and other
Exhibit 1 sections.
12. Provide oversight to the successful completion of agency
applications. Ensure successful completion of forms and certifications.
13. Assemble, copy and mail the application according to HUD guidelines
and disseminate application copies to Continuum of Care Committee, Utah
Issues, Senator Bennett and Hatchs offices.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. A self-starter with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Ability to function as a team player
5. Ability to interact with others in a professional manner
6. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
7. Experience and working knowledge of windows environment, word
processing systems and, spreadsheet systems.
BS or Higher
Part-time. Hours vary per month. Busiest time is between March and
Compensation: $1100 per month from December 1, 2005 through July 31,
2006 with possibility of extension. No benefits.
Send Resume and References to mflynn at theroadhome.org by December 1,
2. SALT LAKE COUNTY GOVERNMENT: PERSONNEL DIVISION DIRECTOR 35
WORK LOCATION: 2001 SOUTH STATE STREET
RECRUITMENT PERIOD: 11/18/05 - 12/12/05
SALARY RANGE: $5284 TO $7822/MO.*
REGISTER DEVELOPER: CAREER SERVICE COUNCIL
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 05PERSONNEL
Leads, administers, and coordinates the activities of the Personnel
Division under the direction of the Department Director of
Administrative Services; oversees and directs the preparation of the
division budget; reviews and approves/disapproves appropriate
expenditures to ensure compliance with division budget constraints in
relation to overall priorities and policies to improve cost containment
measures; develops and implements annual division goals and objectives
based on feedback from user organizations and industry trends and
standards; develops a division strategic plan that identifies future
needs of personnel services; establishes and maintains effective
professional working relationships with elected officials, department
heads and employees; has the ability to effectively problem solve, build
consensus among competing interests and promote workforce diversity;
supervises assigned personnel either directly or through subordinate
supervisors; performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Masters
Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or other closely
related field plus seven (7) years experience in a field closely related
to these duties, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory,
managerial or administrative capacity; OR an equivalent combination of
related education or experience except that education may not be
substituted for the required supervisory, managerial or administrative
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS POSITION:
Starting salary is negotiable within the above range depending upon
qualifications. An Achievement History Questionnaire must be filled out
and submitted with your application and a résumé. The application packet
must be submitted by mail or in person to the Salt Lake County Career
Service Council, Attn: Linda Hill, 2001 So. State,
N4600, Salt Lake City, UT 84190-3150 no later than Monday, December 12,
2005, 5:00 p.m. You may also attach letters of reference or
recommendation to the completed application.
More information about the Mpajobs