MPA Job list**Research Associate Issues Research, Inc.

Angie Stefaniak angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Fri Dec 22 12:03:44 MST 2006

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
ISSUES RESEARCH, INC.
Issues Research, Inc., has been awarded a grant by The Commonwealth Fund
for continued development of a Web-based resource called Performance
Snapshots (www.cmwf.org/snapshots) that describes how well the health
care system is delivering accessible, timely, effective, safe,
patient-centered, equitable, and efficient health care.
We have an exciting employment or contractual opportunity for a research
associate to serve as a key member of our team. The ideal candidate will
have a master's degree in a relevant field (or clinical equivalent) with
strong analytic, writing, and interpersonal skills and related
experience. Responsibilities include:
• Identifying, assessing, and synthesizing data and research describing
key health care performance gaps and promising clinical and policy
interventions to address them.
• Writing evidence-based narratives and creating compelling charts to
clearly and concisely communicate findings and implications for a wide
audience.
• Contributing to the development of Web-based information delivery
tools and resources.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, flexible hours,
and reimbursement for relocation expenses or overhead associated with
maintaining a remote office under a telecommuting arrangement. This is a
one-year grant-funded position with the potential for annual renewals
based on performance.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample via e-mail to:
Douglas McCarthy
President, Issues Research, Inc.
PO Box 220, Durango, CO 81302
hr at issuesresearch.com
For a complete job description, visit:
www.issuesresearch.com/employment.html.
About Us: Issues Research, Inc. (www.issuesresearch.com) is an
independent research firm based in Durango, Colorado, that synthesizes
knowledge to help advance the understanding of important questions
facing organizations and society. Douglas McCarthy, founder and
president, has 20 years of experience in public and private sector
research, management, and policymaking. He serves as senior research
adviser to The Commonwealth Fund (www.cmwf.org), a national, private
foundation based in New York City that supports independent research on
health and social issues.