MPA Job listProgram Analyst - U.S. Dept. of Transportation

Angie Stefaniak angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Thu Mar 30 10:04:51 MST 2006

    PROGRAM ANALYST - U.S. Department of Transportation

SALARY RANGE: 36,671.00 - 47,669.00 USD per year 	OPEN PERIOD: Thursday,
March 23, 2006
to Tuesday, April 11, 2006
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0343-07 	POSITION INFORMATION: Full
Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13 	DUTY LOCATIONS:   2 vacancies - WASHINGTON, DC
1 vacancy - CAMBRIDGE, MA 1 vacancy - KANSAS CITY, MO 1 vacancy - FORT
WORTH, TX

WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
U.S. Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

Take a journey that will challenge your mind and develop your career.
The quality of our lives, the shape of our communities, and the
productivity of our Nation's economy depend on our transportation systems.

We recognize and value the importance of our workforce and the diversity
of backgrounds and ideas that each employee brings.

So, we invite you to join us in meeting the challenges of the 21st
Century, shaping the future of our organization, and advancing the best
transportation system in the World.

Incumbent serves as a Program Analyst, under the general supervisor of
the Senior Associate Administrator for Traffic Injury Control (TIC), who
provides general assignments and establishes priorities.  Incumbent will
be assigned to work in various offices within TIC, including time in one
of the 10 NHTSA offices, on a rotational basis.  Incumbent will serve
under the direct supervision of the Division Chief, Office Director,
Regional Administrator, or Associate Administrator in each of the
offices as assigned and will be responsible to familiarize
himself/herself with assigned program areas and activities and to
develop experience in developing highway safety programs and assisting
in technical judgments.  As part of his/her responsibilities, incumbent
will receive assignments designed to develop and implement highway
safety countermeasures and State program management skills.

The Full Performance Level: GS-13.

KEY REQUIREMENTS:

    * U.S. Citizenship

Link to Full Job Description: