MPA Job list**U of U Professional Education: Education Coordinator
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:48:52 MST 2007
*The University of Utah
Continuing Education Position Description*
*Professional Education: Education Coordinator*
Job ID: 27390
Department: 00173 Academic Outreach Continuing Education/Main Campus
To apply visit: http://www.hr.utah.edu/careers/
Coordinates all of the unit’s business development and outreach
activities. Assists in developing the unit’s budget and conducts
financial analyses. Advises unit Director regarding curriculum and new
curriculum development. Increases enrollment and revenue in all ProEd
courses and certificate programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Administration or
related field plus four years of full-time related experience in
marketing, business development, and program management required. Must
have a dependable car. Masters degree preferred.
1. Articulates to potential clients ProEd’s courses, customized
offerings and certificate programs and is be able to relate their
value propositions to potential clients, both organizations and
2. Creates a territory business plan which targets specific
organizations. Engages with their training managers and meet with
them regularly and discuss ProEd offerings.
3. Promotes the Professional Education program to both individuals
and organizations through face-to-face meetings and community
4. Identifies potential clients. Meets with organizational training
managers to educate them regarding ProEd’s training opportunities
and customizes programs.
5. Determines pricing related to ProEd’s custom training contracts,
based on financial analysis including administrative overhead,
instruction costs, facilities costs, etc. Writes and negotiates
all custom training contracts.
6. Based on ProEd’s business plan and working with the ProEd Team
Leader, prioritizes courses and certificate programs for lead
7. Maintains database of former students and potential organizational
clients which includes:
* Alumni of certificate programs
* Inquiries of programs not offered by ProEd
* Enrolled students of canceled classes
* Students who cancel a class they were enrolled to take
* Customer Feedback
* Other information as needed.
Works with Continuing Education’s I.T. team to direct technical updates
8. Reviews instructor/course evaluations and determines appropriate
course of action based on content (replace instructor, refine
course content, etc.).
9. Acts on behalf of ProEd’s Academic Program Manager in her absence
and presents Certificates of Completion to graduating students as
10. Analyzes noteworthy feedback from customers and uses this
information to develop new course and/or program offerings.
11. Manages ProEd’s instructor referral program.
12. Manages ProEd’s “on demand” program, in which customer demand for
courses dictates when they will be held.
13. Manages ProEd’s RFP process (responds to requests for bid for
training from clients, in Utah and the region).
14. Supervises work-study help and manages all of the ProEd
administrative work performed by Continuing Education support staff.
15. Completes other duties as assigned.
More information about the Mpajobs