MPA Job list**Institutional Research Analyst I - USHE

Angie Stefaniak angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Tue Apr 22 15:35:38 MDT 2008

Posting Date: April 13, 2008
Closing Date: Until Filled

Position Announcement
INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST I

The Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) serves the Board of Regents
and therefore has formal oversight and responsibility for the system of
higher education in the State of Utah. The division of Budget and
Planning is looking for an Institutional Research Analyst I.

            Duties include but are not limited to performing data loads;
maintain and update scripts to create and/or alter tables; coordinate
data exchanges with data sharing partners; use software to analyze data
and generate reports; ensure data integrity by validating data through
queries and reports; understand data encryption methods and coordinate
encryption compliance with institutions and data exchange partners; load
raw data into Data Warehouse via SQL loader; understand how to evaluate
newly loaded data and determine data errors; maintain an excellent
rapport and close contact with higher education institutions, data
sharing partners, office staff; other duties as assigned.

A successful applicant will use independent judgment in completing
assignments and operate under general supervision. Important qualities
of an Institutional Research Officer I include being professional,
dependable, self-motivated, efficient, and detail-oriented. Excellent
computer skills are required. A Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in
experience (Bachelor's degree is preferred), and three (3) years of
database and/or institutional research experience are required.

USHE offers a stable working environment and an excellent benefits
package including medical, dental, tuition reduction, and retirement.
The salary offered will depend upon qualifications. Consideration of
qualified individuals will begin immediately. To apply, provide the
following items to the address or fax number below:

cover letter
completed application
resume
            A completed application must be submitted.  The application
is available for download from our web site (www.utahsbr.edu).  If
problems are encountered downloading the application, contact HR and
request for the application to be mailed to you. The completed
application may be submitted after the resume and letter, but the resume
will not be evaluated until the application arrives.

Human Resources
Utah System of Higher Education (USHE)
60 South 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT  84101-1284
Fax: (801) 366-8405
hr at utahsbr.edu

USHE is an "Equal Opportunity Employer," and prohibits, in all
employment -- related practices and decisions, discrimination,
harassment or prejudicial treatment against any person based on race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, pregnancy,
childbirth, pregnancy related conditions, age, disability, veteran
status, or otherwise as provided by federal, state or local law.
Applicants claiming veteran's or disabled veteran's preference must
submit a photocopy
of their honorable discharge (such as DD-214) showing dates of active
service and verification of disability.
We are concerned about violence in the workplace, falsified employment
applications, and employee theft. We conduct a full background check on
all candidates for employment.
--
Angie Stefaniak, MPA
Program Manager