MPA Job list***Elections Division Administrator Salt Lake County

Angie Stefaniak angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Mon Jun 30 16:41:55 MDT 2008

Salt Lake County
Elections Division Administrator
Apply online at https://www.jobs.slco.org/
Salary: $78,648 - $116,376 Annually* *Starting salary above the minimum
of the range is dependent upon qualifications and approval from the Salt
Lake County Mayor's Office.
Opening Date: June 27, 2008
Closing Date: This position is open until filled; however, applications
received
by July 15, 2008, will be given first consideration.
Position Summary
We are looking for an individual with exceptional project planning and
management skills and demonstrated professional managerial experience
who can lead a highly functioning team of elections officials in a
county well-respected for excellence in elections administration. We
believe in respect, collaboration, creativity accountability and
teamwork and we invite those who share these values to join us.
The Elections Division is responsible for administering all local, state
and federal elections in Salt Lake County. The division is responsible
for keeping current on election laws, maintaining voter registration
records, managing voting precincts, and identifying polling locations
for registered voters across Salt Lake County. The Elections Division
Administrator is responsible for overall management, oversight and
planning for the conduct of all local, state and federal elections in
Salt Lake County.
Salt Lake County has nearly 600,000 registered voters (500,000 active),
979 voting precincts and currently 433 polling locations. We operate
Premier Accuvote TSX touch screen voting machines at the polls and
central count optical scan for absentee and by-mail voters.
Our mission is to work together to conduct fair, open, and honest
elections. We maintain integrity in elections thereby protecting and
instilling public confidence in the democratic process. We are dedicated
to providing professional service and accurate information. We provide
the people of Salt Lake County the opportunity to exercise their right
to vote. Through education and outreach we encourage participation in
the electoral process.
For further information, visit our website at:
http://www.clerk.slco.org or e-mail: jyocom at slco.org or call: (801) 468-3519
Please include your name, address and telephone number.
For more information about living and working in Salt Lake County visit
these websites:
http://www.lifeinthevalley.com/ http://www.slco.org/
--

Angie Stefaniak, MPA
Program Manager

Get Perspective. Subscribe to the Center for Public Policy &
Administration's ejournal - /Policy Perspectives/ at
http://www.cppa.utah.edu/about_perspectives.html