MPA and MPP Job listJob posting for Public Lands Policy
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Mon Jan 4 11:14:19 MST 2010
Public Lands Policy Coordination Office
5110 State Office Building
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
This is a senior level research consulting job in which incumbents draft policies or position papers for departments, institutions, and offices regarding public land public planning in Utah. Incumbents are required to have expert knowledge, skills and abilities related to regularly presenting final recommendations and issues to the senior management, boards, or the Legislature; has experience in environmental sciences and policy, or experience in environmental law. This position consults with executive director or supervisor in performance of duties.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data; reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
2. Writes or drafts technical reports, articles or related material based on research, investigation or analysis.
3. Testifies at hearings to provide pertinent agency information and technical support.
4. Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
5. Develops and implements procedures in response to agency policy, state and federal laws, etc.
6. Interprets, clarifies, explains and applies agency policy and procedures, business practices, federal or state laws and regulations, etc.
7. Facilitates/Chairs work groups, teams, and/or meetings. Creates a positive environment, evaluates group processes, recommends solutions or alternatives, etc.
8. Develops or modifies rules, policies, or standards, etc.
9. Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decisions.
This position is an at-will position and does not have merit status. It includes a full benefit package. Salary will be determined based on experience. Please send resume and letter of interest to Judy Edwards at judyedwards at utah.gov<mailto:judyedwards at utah.gov>. More information regarding the office can be found at www.governor.utah.gov/publiclands<http://www.governor.utah.gov/publiclands> or call Judy at 801-537-9023.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs