MPA and MPP Job list***State Energy Program Project Coordinator
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Wed Mar 10 15:13:11 MST 2010
Utah State Energy Program
Working Title: State Energy Program, Project Coordinator (Compliance)
This is a time/funding limited position (May 2012).
BENIFITS: Full state benefits available including: medical, dental 401K, pension, vacation, and sick
FULL TIME: 40 hours/week, 10-hour days (Monday-Thursday) with Friday off.
JOB CHARATERISTICS: This position involves programs and projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. It will include SEP grant proposal reviews, the auditing and monitoring of sub-grant awardees and with SEP contracted entities, assistance with federal grant proposal development and the coordination and tracking of grant performance metrics. Additional activities with in-house programs, coordination with other government and non-government agencies, and interfacing with the public may be involved.
* Assists with program activities related to the evaluation, processing, and payment of contractor invoicing.
* Interprets, clarifies, explains and applies agency policy and procedures, business practices, federal or state laws and regulations, etc.
* Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews sub-contractor and program data; report findings, interpret results and/or makes recommendations.
* Implements rules, policies, or program standards, etc.
* Performs random audit on sub-contractor invoicing.
* Audits energy projects (assists in energy baseline verification, measurement of major milestones and completion).
* Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice, and/or facilitates decisions to sub-contractors regarding program policies.
* Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
* Assists Grant Manager with program policies and goals.
* Tracking and reporting progress towards program goals.
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
* Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
QUALIFACATIONS: BA/BS in environmental science, public policy, engineering, business, economics, or other relevant social or physical science; knowledge of renewable and other aspects of the energy industry; knowledge of environmental issues related to energy use; knowledge of renewable energy systems and major components; experience in program development and management; experience in event planning and coordination; public speaking skills and experience; ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and professionally; ability to evaluate competing project proposals and other requests; and ability to research, and summarize quantitative and qualitative information.
ADDITIONAL PREFERENCES: Preference may be given to candidates with professional work experience or graduate degree in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency policy and/or management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate
OFFICE CONDITIONS: Typical office environment.
TRAVEL: Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel will be required.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Jason Berry at jasonberry at utah.gov<mailto:jasonberry at utah.gov> . Title email "SEP Project Coordinator, [insert applicant NAME]" All attached files should have the title name format [Applicant Name, Position, resume/cover letter].
Resume and Cover Letter Due March 23 2010.
Announcement Open Until Filled.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs