MPA and MPP Job list***Merit Commission Administrator, Contract, Unified Police Dept
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Wed May 12 09:24:50 MDT 2010
External Job Announcement
Merit Commission Administrator
Closing Date: May 24, 2010
Schedule: Part-time, as needed
Location: Sheriff's Office Building, 3365 S. 900 W.
Employment Status: Contracted Employee
The Unified Police Department is currently accepting applications for a part time (as needed) contracted Merit Commission Administrator to assist the Deputy Sheriff Merit Commission (DSMC). The DSMC consists of three members and they are responsible for carrying out the provision all necessary rules and regulations concerning sworn personnel within the Unified Police Department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinates the operations of the Merit Commission
* Takes minutes and coordinates Merit Commission meetings, discipline, and appeal hearings
* Tracks scores for police office recruitments and promotional testing
* Monitors testing process to ensure fairness and accurate scoring
* Coordinates and administers promotional testing boards
Interpret merit commission policy; proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets; dictation from recorded meetings; general knowledge of human resources in the context of law enforcement practices; ability to maintain confidentiality.
* 3-5 years Human Resource experience
* Experience in a law enforcement environment is preferred but not required
* Preference may be given to candidates with PHR certified
Interested applicants can send their resumes, attention to Rob via fax: 801-743-5310, email: rabney at updsl.org<mailto:rabney at updsl.org> or mail to: UPD Human Resources Office, 3365 S. 900 W. #121, by 4:30 p.m., May 24, 2010.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs