MPA and MPP Job list***Associate Analyst - Site Director, Abt Associates, Phoenix, AZ.
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Thu Sep 2 11:31:58 MDT 2010
Associate Analyst - Site Director
At Abt Associates, we are committed to providing research, consulting, and technical assistance that improves the quality of life of people worldwide. We seek intellectually motivated candidates who share our passion to make a difference.
The Social and Economic Policy (SEP) Division has helped shape public policies benefiting millions of Americans through research and technical assistance aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of government programs. Our contributions to public policy-at the national, state, and local levels-span a wide range of program areas, including housing, community revitalization, workforce development, education, and child and family welfare.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: http://jobs-abtassociates.icims.com/ to Job Requisition #: 2010-4673. Job notice https://jobs-abtassociates.icims.com/jobs/4673/job
Project description at http://www.bondssa.org/
BA/BS with 1 - 2 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Social and Economic Policy (SEP) Division is currently seeking a Site Director to lead and manage a project office associated with an initiative being organized and funded by the Social Security Administration. This project aims to test and evaluate various changes in Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program rules, including a benefit offset.
The Site Director will have responsibility for overseeing all project-related functions in the entire site. He/she will manage a staff of 2 employees in his/her local project office and in some cases oversee an additional staff person located at a secondary office. In leading the office, the Site Director will be responsible for recruitment, intake, and random assignment of SSDI beneficiaries into the project.
More specifically, the Site Director will be responsible for:
* Assisting with recruiting, hiring, and training 2-3 local project staff and supervising their performance.
* Conducting outreach to interested organizations throughout the site and maintaining sound public relations.
* Coordinating with service provider agencies working on the project and monitoring provider agency performance.
* Refining and monitoring the intake schedule in coordination with project field interviewers.
* Identifying additional locations for intake throughout the site.
* Managing the site office and maintaining the day-to-day relationship with building management.
* Preparing ongoing progress reports and participating in ongoing monitoring activities with project staff.
The Site Directors will also represent the project to the general public and interested organizations of various kinds across the entire site, and will be responsible for maintaining good public relations. They must provide timely and thorough reporting, follow detailed procedures for collecting and recording participants' work histories and earnings, and prepare the information for transmission to SSA. Adherence to strict data security protocols and reporting requirements will be necessary.
Site Directors in each demonstration area will report to the Site Operations Director. Site Directors will work with the Site Operations Director to look for opportunities for standardization and economies of scale across sites and to manage and monitor recruitment and intake results, reporting and addressing any problems promptly.
The Site Director will have occasional travel throughout the vicinity to meet with interested organizations, conduct group enrollment sessions, and arrange use of local organization's space for project activities. Therefore, candidates will be expected to have a driver's license, an automobile with insurance, and a clean driving record in order to meet the necessary requirements of the position. An alternative means of travel or transportation for these purposes, as long as it is reliable and regularly available, will also be acceptable.
Candidates should possess a minimum of a BA/BS degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience and/or education (including certifications) may be substituted for the BA/BS degree. Strong preference for candidates with several years of work experience and 2 or more years of direct experience managing staff and an office or organizational unit. Successful candidates should have good familiarity with SSI and SSDI program rules and with employment issues for persons with disabilities.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
* Proven project management skills, including hiring and supervising others.
* In-depth knowledge of the unique characteristics of the local area and its population, particularly persons with disabilities and the services and supports available to them.
* The ability to work well with SSDI beneficiaries, to be comfortable with people regardless of the nature of their impairments, and to understand their concerns.
* The ability to understand and support the research purposes of the project, explaining the rationale and details of random assignment and obtaining informed consent from potential study participants.
* The capacity to conduct detailed research and documentation for SSA's earnings reporting and work development.
Strong preference for candidates with sign language interpretation skills and/or Spanish fluency.
Abt Associates is an AA/EO employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs