MPA and MPP Job list***Director of Tourism & Economic Development
angela.stefaniak at cppa.utah.edu
Thu Aug 18 12:35:45 MDT 2011
Director of Tourism & Economic Development
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 DOQ
Deadline: August 25th by 11:00 PM MST
Summary: Under general direction of the Wasatch Tourism & Development Board - an inter-local agency, the incumbent will direct all tourism promotion, economic development, and film recruitment efforts on behalf of Wasatch County, Heber City, Midway City, and the Jordanelle Special Service District. Exercises direct supervision over an office manager/graphic designer, and an events coordinator/marketing specialist, and indirect supervision over the Heber Valley Business Resource Center.
Background: Wasatch County is the heart of Utah's Mountain adventure country. Midway between Sundance and Park City, Wasatch County is a scenic valley offering some of the nation's best golf, skiing, fly-fishing, hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and much more. The Director of Tourism & Economic development works to advance the area as one of the nation's great hidden gems, while also working to diversify the local economy through recruitment of high paying industries, particularly film and digital media.
Description: The incumbent will work closely with area lodgings, restaurants, businesses, government entities, and other stakeholders in order to:
* Develop and execute an annual tourism marketing and promotion plan
* Develop and execute an annual economic development plan
* Work with Governor's Office of Economic Development, edcUtah, and local jurisdictions to recruit targeted businesses to the county
* Work with Utah Office of Tourism and local lodgings to advance the valley as a tourist destination through innovate group marketing programs
* Work with the Utah Film Commission to promote the valley as a destination for film
* Assist in Supervising the Heber Valley Business Resource Center located at the Utah Valley University Wasatch Campus which provides direct business assistance to area businesses
* Assist community organizations (e.g., the Chamber of Commerce) and venues (e.g., the historic Heber Valley Railroad) in developing and executing strategic visions to advance shared goals
* Manage grants, and occasionally write grant applications
* Facilitate productive discussions between county stakeholders
* Develop or assist in developing Tax Increment Finance districts to advance business recruitment
* Develop consensus among numerous, disparate stakeholders in order to build and advance meaningful policy objectives
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited university with a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, economic development, or a closely related field, and two years of experience in economic development. Must be proficient in Mircosoft Office applications, budgeting, grant management, and the basic tenants and principles of economic development and destination marketing. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Additional Qualifications: Possession of a graduate degree in business, public administration, public policy, or a closely related field and at least one year of experience in destination marketing.
We are seeking to fill this position immediately. Applicants should be prepared to begin work in early September.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to luke at gohebervalley.com<mailto:luke at gohebervalley.com?subject=Tourism%20%26%20Economic%20Development%20Director%20Position>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs