MPA and MPP Job listPlant Coordinator
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Mon May 14 13:26:34 MDT 2012
Position: Outside Plant Coordinator
Reports To: Outside Plant Manager
Location: West Valley City, Ut
Status: Full time/Hourly
Syringa Networks is pleased to announce recruitment for an Outside Plant Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of the Outside Plant Coordinator will be to perform advanced secretarial and administrative related duties for the Outside Plant team and management. The person in this position handles confidential matters and assists the Outside Plant Manager with various projects such as creating, tracking, filing, and processing contracts, PO's, Permits, Franchise Agreements, Pole Attachment agreements and various other documentations required for the Outside Plant processes. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, while multi-tasking, and have exceptional phone, written and face to face communication skills.
Personal computer skills are required as well as knowledge and operations of Microsoft Office applications, and general purpose terminal emulation programs. The ability to work with existing automated, electronic and paper records will be required.
Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Communicate with co-workers, management and contractors regarding projects.
* Communicate with co-workers, management and contractors about changes to the scope of work for projects.
* Update documentations in the proper programs and formats due to changes made.
* Create job bid packets to be distributed through the bidding process.
* Ensure contracts are distributed, signed and filed appropriately and in a timely manner.
Communicate with Vendors/Permit Agents
* Communicate with vendors for pricing and purchase orders.
* Create and process purchase orders internally and then relay the order to the vendor.
* Research, compile, complete, process and track permitting for each project.
* Research, compile, complete, process and track pole attachment agreements when necessary.
* Ensure all administrative items (franchise agreements, Right-of-way/easement authorizations, utility permits, traffic control, etc...) are obtained prior to beginning construction.
Entering and maintaining outside plant records
* Learn the RUS standards for OSP requirements.
* Learn and understand how to write an OSP contract.
* Create, and update necessary files for new and old construction, Staking Sheets, PO's, Invoices, Permitting, Contracts, and all other documentation required by OSP.
* Compose and track correspondences for new projects, updates, and orders, among others.
* Scanning and tracking various types of documents: Vendor, service agreement, legal correspondence, hut locations, splice diagrams, (NDA) Non-disclosure agreements, using internal systems. Training will be provided.
* Provide support for all shipping and receiving: FedEx and UPS packages.
* Maintain and order all office supplies as required or requested.
* Process outgoing mail.
* Assist with making arrangements for company travel itinerary which may include airline, hotel and car reservations as needed.
* Assist the OSP team with various reports and documentations as needed or requested.
* Assist with distribution and documentation of lock box key assignments.
* Provide secretarial support such as word processing and document preparation, account support, Microsoft Word program support along with all programs used by the OSP team as required by projects or assignments.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Dependability, accuracy, and honesty to your customer, vendors, and co-workers.
* Accountability; strong business ethics, and dependability to your employer and direct supervisor.
* Willingness to adapt to the telecommunication industry.
* Responsible for maintaining the security of company information.
* Proficient with applications such as MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Google Earth, and internet research.
* Ability to communicate with customers, vendors, and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
* Knowledge of filing practices and procedures.
* Skills in oral and written communication for correspondence.
* Skills in operating computer and office equipment including, computer, printer/scanner, postage machine, laminators, and various other items.
* Ability to:
o Be a team player.
o Actively manage multiple and diverse projects.
o Read and understand contracts, standards and regulations.
o Process, create, and compose documentation and correspondences in Excel, Word, Visio, and Adobe.
o Pay close attention to detail, and make sound decisions using information at hand.
o Prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
o Work with scheduled deadlines.
o Learn and adapt quickly to new products, procedures and programs.
* Typing skills-65 WPM with 80% accuracy.
* Hold a valid Driver's License.
Education and Experience:
* 2 Year Associates degree preferred however; a 2 to 1 work history will be accepted in placement of.
* High School graduate.
* Internet knowledge and experience required. Analytical and good organizational skills are a plus.
How to apply:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: resumes at syringanetworks.net<mailto:resumes at syringanetworks.net> or fax to (208) 229-6110 Attn: Human Resources
About Syringa Networks:
Syringa Networks specializes in custom network solutions for businesses, providing a wide range of networking services throughout the region. Delivered over a purpose-built self-healing fiber optic network, services are available at a range of speeds from T1 to OC-192 and Ethernet at data rates ranging from 1 Megabit (Mb) to 10 Gigabits (Gbs). The regional company also offers Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), MPLS, SONET, DWDM, ATM/Frame, Fiber-to-the-Tower, and Network Equipment sales.
Syringa Networks is a privately held Idaho corporation and is headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with additional offices in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and West Valley City, Utah.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others and which impose undue hardships on the organization. Furthermore, job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs