MPA and MPP Job listInternship - Overstock.com HR generalist
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Sep 5 09:19:06 MDT 2012
Internship with Overstock.com for a
Human Resources Generalist Intern
Closing Date Extended: September 18, 2012
Overstock.com is a technology-based retail company offering customers a wide variety of high-quality products, at great value, with superior customer service. The company provides its customers with the opportunity to shop for bargains by offering suppliers an alternative inventory distribution channel. Overstock.com is a publicly traded company listed on the NASDAQ Global Market System and can be found online at http://www.overstock.com and http://www.o.co.
In addition, if you need internship credits (allied hours) through the College of Social and Behavioral Science, please refer to the Internship link at http://csbs.utah.edu/students/internships.php. There is a course syllabus that provides details.
Briefly, you can receive 1 credit hour for every 3 hours of work per week during the semester. You must complete the attached application form, and have your employer/organization approve it and bring it with you to the first day of class. You must receive approval first by contacting Renee Morita or if she is unavailable, contact Gina Shipley, gina.shipley at csbs.utah.edu, 801.581.7579.
Pay: Depends upon experience
Schedule: TBD (hours depending on school schedule)
Department: Talent Management
Reports to: Manager, Human Resources
Job Description: HR Intern will assist with various aspects of HR functions, including payroll, benefits, workers compensation, personnel records, recruiting/staffing, employee relations, safety, training, and company policies, and must exercise discretion in delicate associate matters.
* Assist with various human resources plans and procedures for company personnel and their locations; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures and for the individual locations
* May assist in recruitment and selection process for all open positions in accordance with company procedures and assure compliance with reporting, tracking and retention requirements
* Advise management and associates in the interpretation and application of company policies/procedures
* May assist with compliance of federal and state regulations concerning employment
* May help with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
* Maintains all employee records in Oracle accurately
* Depending on the location, the HR Intern will be responsible for various department specific tasks
Human Resources Generalist Intern Cont...
* Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the HR Manager
* Will adapt to changes in job requirements, learning and applying new skills as needed to ensure the company's success
* Must be working towards a degree related to human resources (or equivalent work experience). Junior or senior-level student preferred
* Be computer literate, proficient in MS Office. Understanding of HRIS systems a plus
* Some knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Please email your cover letter (along with internship opening you are applying to), resume, transcript and writing sample to: Renee Morita, CSBS Program Advisor, email: renee.morita at csbs.utah.edu<mailto:renee.morita at csbs.utah.edu>, phone: 801.587.3556
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs